Timbre Concerts and CRESCENDO1 present
BREAKOUT Festival 2019
Rain or Shine Event
Buy 2 Day Tickets
2 Day Passes: $149.00 - $269.00
Price of admission includes ride pass to Playland.
2 Day Passes Onsale Friday, March 8 @ 12pm
A limited number of Layaway Payment Plans are available March 8th through May 20th
Plan #1 – starting March 8th and ending March 20th
Deposit: 25% + 100% fees at time of purchase
Payment 1: 25% April 1st
Payment 2: 25% May 1st
Payment 3: 25% June 1st
Plan #2 – starting March 21st and ending April 20th
Deposit: 34% + 100% fees at time of purchase
Payment 1: 33% May 1st
Payment 2: 33% June 1st
Plan #3 – starting April 21st and ending May 20th
Deposit: 50% + 100% fees at time of purchase
Payment 1: 50% June 1st
Vancouver, BC - Timbre Concerts and CRESCENDO1 are proud to be bringing back Canada’s only all hip-hop music festival to Vancouver. After two successful inaugural events in 2018 (BREAKOUT Festival and WINTER Breakout) BREAKOUT Festival returns for it’s second outdoor festival and will feature some of the hottest artists in hip-hop alongside some of Vancouver’s most promising rising acts.
BREAKOUT Festival 2019 will bring a one-of-a-kind experience to festival goers of all ages. Taking place this summer over two days at Vancouver’s historic PNE Amphitheatre, festival tickets will include access to the concert area and Playland with over 35 rides. Additional festival attractions include a VIP section, a food truck area, 19+ bars, an alcohol-free zone, a merch area and more.
RICH THE KID
2 day pass holders will be provided with wristbands which will be valid for both event days. Wristbands are void and not valid for refunds/exchanges if shared, tampered or cut.
“We’re proud to be back at the historic PNE for our third installment of BREAKOUT and our first event of
2019. We’re very happy with the lineup we’ve curated for our second year and hope to make this the best
BREAKOUT Festival yet.”
David McCulloch, Timbre Concerts
“We’re happy to be bringing BREAKOUT back to Vancouver for our second year in a row. We’ve seen the
overwhelming demand for this type of all ages hip-hop event and we are proud to be taking on this role in
the festival circuit for our two yearly events.”
Johnny Black, CRESCENDO1
For the most up to date info, follow Breakout Festival:
BREAKOUT Festival FAQ
Where is BREAKOUT Festival?
- BREAKOUT Festival is going down at PNE Amphitheatre at 2901 E Hastings St, Vancouver, BC, Canada.
If I’m taking the bus, where do I get off?
- The #014 #095 #N35 and #016 buses stop on Hastings and Renfrew, right in front of PNE.
What time do the gates open and what time do they close?
- Amphitheatre gates will open at 2pm - 10pm sharp. Playland hours are from 2pm – 5:30pm. Access for BREAKOUT pass holders for Festival and Playland will be through the Amphitheatre Gate only.
Is there camping on the grounds?
- No. Curfew is 10pm both nights.
Are ride passes to Playland included?
- Yes! The price of your ticket includes a ride pass and entry into Playland from 2pm – 5:30pm for the same day you have purchased a ticket for. To ensure the safety and enjoyment of all guests everyone must adhere to Playland dress code. Shoes and shirts must be worn at all times. Clothing with inappropriate words, phrases and/or graphics are NOT permitted. Guests wearing flip flops will not be permitted on rides. We suggest everyone wears comfortable shoes that attach to the foot.
Can I leave the Amphitheater to go to Playland and then come back?
- Yes! That’s why we included a ride pass with your ticket. Access to Playland is available from 2pm – 5:30pm. Guests are subject to security search when going to and from Playland /Amphitheatre.
Will there be in and out privileges?
- No. You will not be able to come back in if you leave the Amphitheatre or Playland. Once you’re in, you’re in.
What is the difference in ticket tiers?
- There is no difference in tiers PL1 - 3 other than price. Once the first tier is sold out we move on to tier 2 and so on.
What is the difference between GA and VIP?
- You must be 19+ to enter VIP. There is a dedicated viewing area for VIP only at the front and side of the stage. There is also a private bar and VIP washrooms.
Are there layaway ticket plans available?
What happens if I miss a payment on my Layaway Plan?
- If a scheduled payment has been missed we will attempt to reprocess your payment and contact you a minimum of two (2) times at least 72 hours apart. If these attempts are unsuccessful we will proceed with canceling and refunding your order. Please note ticket fees are non-refundable. If you have missed a payment and you wish to pay off your balance please contact TicketLeader, 604-252-3700.
Where do I pick up my Will Call tickets?
- The Ticketleader Will Call box office located at the Amphitheatre main entrance opens at 12 pm.
What if I have a media pass or guest list?
- At the Amphitheatre Will Call box office starting at 2pm.
I haven't received my e-ticket yet. When will I get that?
- E-tickets are emailed to you 48 hours before the event.
I purchased a ticket but I never got a confirmation email.
- You can contact our ticket service provider Ticketleader here: 604-252-3700
If I have a problem with my tickets or want to purchase a ticket on the day-of-show, where can I do that?
- There will be a ticket booth operated by TicketLeader for ticket sales and ticket resolution. This booth will be open the Amphitheatre entrance at 12 pm. Tickets will only be sold while quantities last.
Can I upgrade my GA tickets to VIP?
- Yes, but only while quantities last. You can upgrade your ticket at the Amphitheatre box office on the day-of-event or by calling Ticketleader directly before the event here: 604 252 3700
How old do I have to be to attend?
- This event is all ages but to purchase VIP tickets you must be 19 and over.
Do I need to bring my ID?
- You should always bring your ID. You will need ID if you plan on purchasing alcohol or picking up will call tickets.
Will alcohol be served in GA if I’m over 19?
- Yes! There will be several bars. You must present two pieces of valid ID though (one photo).
If one of my favorite artists bails at the last minute, will you offer refunds?
- Unfortunately, there are no refunds on tickets purchased. This lineup is subject to change and if anything happens it will be announced on BREAKOUT Festival's social media feeds right away.
Who can pick up will call tickets? Can I transfer my tickets to a friend if I can’t make it?
- You must present the credit card or ID of the person who purchased the tickets. If you need to transfer your ticket to another name you need to do so at least 1 day before the event. You can contact Ticketleader to do that here: 604-252-3700
How can I get a media pass to BREAKOUT?
- Media passes are given to publications only. We do not give out media passes to photographers shooting for their Instagram or personal blogs. You can apply for media passes with a letter of assignment from your editor before May 20th by emailing email@example.com
When will we find out if we are approved for media passes?
- Confirmations will be sent out by Tuesday, May 28th.
Can I bring my camera or GoPro?
- Non-professional cameras will be allowed. DSLR cameras, drones, and professional video cameras are not permitted without a media pass.
How many stages will there be?
- There will be one main stage at BREAKOUT Festival.
What happens if I buy a 2-day pass and I can’t make the second day? Can I give my wristband to my friend?
- Unfortunately no. Your 2-day wristband must be intact and cannot be cut off or it will become invalid.
Which artists play on which days?
- Single day lineup and set times will be released closer to the date on this website and social media feeds.
When can I purchase single day tickets?
- We will add single day tickets a few weeks before the event and only if we don't sell out in advance.
Is this festival indoors or outdoors? What if it rains?
- BREAKOUT Festival will be held outdoors - rain or shine.
Will there be food? What if I have a dietary restriction?
- Yes! We will have a few different food trucks including plant-based, gluten-free and tons of other yummy options.
What am I allowed to bring into BREAKOUT Festival?
- See our list of restricted items here. Please note: backpacks are allowed, however, it’s quicker to enter without one.
What happens If I get thirsty?
- We will provide free water stations and you will be allowed to bring in soft plastic bottles (empty). Aluminum water bottles are not permitted.
Is this festival wheelchair accessible? Do you have translators for hearing impaired attendees?
- Yes, the event is wheelchair accessible. No, we do not have translators on site.
What will security be like at this event?
- We will be working with the VPD to ensure the safety of all patrons attending. Pat downs and bag checks will be issued upon entry. Restricted items will be taken by venue security before entering the premises.
My son or daughter would like to attend this event but I don’t want to go. Is this event safe for teenagers without supervision?
- We will do our best to ensure the safety of all patrons, no matter what age. We will have a strict policy on drugs and underage alcohol consumption but we aren't babysitters. This is up to each parent’s discretion.
Are there lockers available for me to store my things?
- Unfortunately, there won’t be lockers.
Will there be parking around the venue? How much is it?
- Yes. PNE parking is $20.
Will there be a first aid station on site in case of emergency?
- Yes. Definitely.
Can I promo my upcoming event or sell my own products?
- No. We reserve the right to confiscate any items being sold or distributed without our approval.
How can I get myself or my group on the bill for BREAKOUT Festival?
- If we’re interested, we will contact you. No need to email us with your Soundcloud link.
Will credit and debit cards be accepted? Are there cash ATMs?
- Yes and yes.
I’m interested in becoming a vendor or sponsor of this event. Who can I contact?
How can I volunteer for this event?
- We aren't accepting volunteers on this event at this time.